Thursday, December 27, 2012

I'm not a bird watcher

At least I never used to be. Tom hung two feeders outside a window, so that I could practice shooting (photos) in the dry, warmth, and comfort of our home. It was harder than I imagined, and began to notice which birds fed at certain times of day. I began to study their eating etiquette, or lack there of. I've also begun to notice characteristics that I've never really thought about before, such as differences in the woodpeckers colors, which birds are more aggressive, and which birds prefer the oil seed over the other stuff. 
I still don't know their names, except the names I give them (like 'red guy', or 'mean face' or as is the any with any bird with blue feathers...'bluebird'). Any bird with red feathers, I call a cardinal...so I am guessing this might be a female cardinal. But I could be way off base.